Saturday, January 30, 2010

Slow This Damned Thing Down!




The thing is, I spent half my life going up! It was slow and measured and not really thrilling most of the time. Pass that half-way point and damn! It all goes so fast! Here we are already at the end of my birthday month tomorrow. Now don't go hating on me, you folks in most of the country, but in California, February is the start of Spring! We'll even get some "fake" summer days if the previous years are any measure.

I really have no big issues with aging. I'm still me and it's a give and take thing. The bad is that I probably don't look quite as fetching as I did several years ago. The good is that my eyesight is such that I just don't see it! The bad is that I have gained a few pounds. The good is that my butt looks great for the first time in my life! I am no longer that skinny-assed woman! I still have most of my marbles and that's a good thing! I have less muscle tone and that's not so good, but, it could be worse.

When my contemporaries moan about botox shots and face lifts, I sometimes have to hide a snicker! Why would I do that? I look great! (And, no, I do not have a mirror with magnification! What a stupid invention!)

Still, it's the passage of time that seems to have speeded up to the point of "whoosh"! I'm racing too fast toward a finish line that I'm not really anxious to cross. I'm all for the "heaven" concept. Even reincarnation doesn't upset me as a concept. It's just that I have never been a "speed freak" or a thrill seeker. I guess it's time to change that!

I have to admit I'm still enjoying the ride!

9 comments:

  1. As long as you're still enjoying the ride, who cares what you look like or how fast the ride is going? Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandpa always said, "age is only a number; pour me a Scotch". LOL What matters most is that you feel great and you're still enjoying the ride, just like Cat Lady said. I am too, for the most part...I'd just like to find a ride that goes a little slower....Merry go-round, maybe? And at this age I can admit that I used to fix myself up to appear nice for others....now I fix my self up for ME....but I ALWAYS fix myself up.
    February and March can give us here some of the meanest weather of the whole year...so we have a while to go before we can experience anything spring-like. You enjoy yours....every single second of it. If I wasn't such a dumb-ass I would be living in a warmer climate too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, before you think I've gone into a slump (or frump for that matter), let me assure you, I never leave home without my full make up and spiky platinum do done to perfection. I never leave home without my 3" heels, and my trademark "Coco" discreetly applied. My sweats are designer and cashmere, but on the street I'm in Ralph Laruen! (Having a husband 15 years my junior and very attractive keeps me on my toes!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make that Ralph Lauren. Sorry Ralph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new friend here in my new town--a cerebral, researcher type--said that the reason time seems to go faster as we get older is all about percentages. When we're one year old, one year is 100% of our life, when we are two years old, 50% of our life, and so it goes.

    Makes sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesus, that confused me! I am not a cerebral researcher type when it comes to numbers! So does this mean that I'm minus 64% of my life now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol! Linda, so far you amaze me! You have made me laugh in so many new ways. The funny part is that you seem so much like me that I feel like I am looking into my future. I hope I am because from where I stand, you have great shoes to fill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BC- You are such a darling! You'll fill those Hooker Heels of mine just fine! (I am not a Uggs woman!)

    ReplyDelete