Thursday, March 18, 2010

Acts of Kindness Coupled With Creative Genius

This is really not about my dog. I don't want people to say "oh, she just writes about her dumb dogs". This is about the nicest thing that has happened to me in quite a while.

Lee, AKA Token, is a really interesting and smart lady living in Kentucky in her Victorian cottage. She has a husband, dogs, and a cat, as well as a son (who comes back and forth like kids do).

Token makes these really special little films on her blog and sets them to music. For some reason, these little films are almost hypnotic to me. It's watching her beautiful Lily, lovely Grace, and darling Mini play. This is just simple everyday stuff, but Token turns it into magic.

Yesterday, Alex made a little video of Harry going into a very narrow space out in our yard. Harry chases "critters" into that space, but because it's so narrow, he can't get back out without doing a backflip to turn around. Okay, when I put the little clip on the computer, it came out sideways, or horizontal rather than vertical. Hmm.

I thought it was funny because when I've commented on the charm and beauty of Ms. Token's films, she always says very modestly that she's just okay, not great. I thought I would show her what really "does not have a clue" looks like so I emailed her the little video.

This morning I had an email from Token with an attachment. She set the video to music, added a title "Harry Flips Out" and commentary. It's perfect and vertical now! She's smart! And oh how nice!Thank you from the bottom of my heart! You just made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment