Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day, Coast Guard Island, Goddesses, and Farts


Since today is Father's Day, Harry, Honey and I took Alex to lunch at a lovely little bistro in Alameda where they have indoor/outdoor seating. Here is Alex getting ready to have his lunch. Damn! He's a good looking man! Harry and Honey and Smokey gave Alex great Father's Day Cards too. It's a nice touch. My own father (who art in heaven, hallowed be his name) would have approved of the lunch we got!



This is a view of Coast Guard Island, 67 acres of land on the Estuary between Alameda and Oakland.

It is also Harry and Honey's private playground on weekends and after 4 PM most days. Here, they can run free without a leash, chase birds, squirrels, and the occasional feral cat. On hot days they can also dive into the Bay for a swim.

On occasion, we take them to the other side of the Island if the resident military dogs are working with their trainers.

Harry would be a great search and rescue dog we think. Or he would be great at providing security. I sometimes think about taking him to the Coast Guard and volunteering his services. I mean, you can just never do enough for your country, can you?

People in the Coast Guard, (called "Coasties") occasionally jog past the dogs while they are running free. The dogs seem to like the Coasties just fine and vice versa. The only problem is that sometimes Honey tries to follow one on their jog, particularly if he's a cute guy.

We also took the dogs with us when we checked out a little shop that opened that had great windows. I think they call it something like Aphrodite's Closet. While I looked around, and Alex looked uncomfortable, the dogs behaved pretty much except for scaring away customers. I had a little conversation with one of the women who works there and she was running on about how all women are goddesses and such.

The merchandise was pretty goddessy if I do say so myself. I smiled and listened to everything she had to say, and even was shown to the "Fairy Section". Here is a photo of the "Fairy Section".

About this time, Alex and Harry and Honey went outside to wait for me, because either Harry or Honey had farted and it was pretty impressive to encounter. The goddessy ladies who worked there looked very relieved to see them wander out.

I looked at some of the clothing and thought it was great stuff for a goddess or a lady who might work with a Royal Pimp. I did buy a "magic wand" for my grand daughter Abbey who just turned 6. The wand makes the most annoying noise I have ever heard. I will be happy when I hand it over to Abbey.

No comments:

Post a Comment