Thursday, December 16, 2010

But What Do I Do With It?

I like dogs.

Anyone who knows me, knows I like dogs. I have two at the present time. I love them both.

A friend came over and gave me a gift for Christmas. She knows I like dogs so she gave me a dog plate.

This is not just any old dog plate. It's a plate made by developmentally disabled people which I think is a great thing. It is sort of a goofy looking dog, but then a lot of dogs are sort of goofy looking. Still, I'm just not sure exactly what to do with a dog plate.

If I tried to use it to feed the dogs on, it wouldn't work out very well. In the first place, both Harry and Honey are accustomed to eating out of dog bowls. I think bowls are neater for dogs than plates. Also, if one dog got to eat off the plate, the other dog would get pissy about it.

My husband said I should use it for Christmas cookies. I would hesitate to eat a cookie off a dog plate because I would wonder if they were actually dog cookies. I just don't see it.

Several years ago, a friend gave me a coffee table book called "Dick Art". (No, that's not like Dear Dick, who art in heaven.) Now, I like dicks as well as the next girl, but this was something I just couldn't figure out what to do with either. I admired it for a few minutes and then put it away in a box. (Yes, we all have "those" boxes, don't we?)

Maybe I'm seeing a trend here. Since I'm known to like dogs, (and dicks for that matter), maybe people think it's an appropriate gift for me.

Personally, I have to wonder what ever happened to just a set of kitchen towels? I know exactly what to do with kitchen towels. Keep in mind, they don't have to have a dog or a dick imprinted on them either. But I'd probably use them even if they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment