Monday, August 6, 2012

Lost and Found

This is a dress by Diane Von Furstenberg.

In case you don't know, Diane is Anderson Cooper's mother.  I have had a love affair with her dresses for decades.  DVF has made wonderful dresses for my body type ever since I had a body.  Her dresses are feminine, beautifully cut and fairly expensive.

I bought a DVF dress in the Spring of 2010.  I wore it to a party in Sacramento and also out to dinner once.  It was a beautiful dress and suited me perfectly. These dresses are made for "real women" and cut in a way to flatter a more normal body than is seen in the fashion magazines and ads.  Plus, DVF generally uses a high quality fabric, so I don't have the lovely polyester material that looks great until you spill something on it and then you might as well just throw it away.

About a year ago, I took a look for my DVF dress and found it missing.  (I very seldom take off my clothing places other than my home and leave places in my underwear.  I'm not saying it is impossible, but it's less likely now than it was when I was in my 20's if you get my drift.)

In any case, a thorough search of the house failed to turn it up and so I guess it somehow got tossed into the goodwill bin, taken by aliens, or left at a site away from home and never retrieved.

My husband had a lovely Armani dress shirt several years ago.  I bought the shirt as a gift to him for his birthday.  Armani suits Alex perfectly as they are cut wider in the shoulders and chest where he needs a little extra room.  Like my Diane Von Furstenberg dress, this shirt disappeared into thin air, never to be seen again.

Before you start feeling sorry for us, a strange thing has occurred in our home.  A pair of gorgeous Tommy Bahama silk walking shorts, just my size appeared out of nowhere in my closet.  I also had a very pretty black cashmere cardigan sweater appear that happened to be just my size.  I seriously have no idea where either of them came from.

Alex also had a very nice Hermes silk tie that disappeared from his closet.  Since Alex is not in the habit of wearing ties very often, it was quite a while before he noticed it was missing.  Never mind, Alex has a couple of Ralph Lauren jackets (windbreakers) that have appeared in his closet to replace the missing tie and shirt.

I am at a loss as to what has happened to many items that have gone missing.  I am also at a loss to explain how items seem to appear out of nowhere in our house.  Neither my husband Alex nor I have a sleepwalking condition.  And we don't have visitors our size or with our taste in clothing items.  Things just seem to disappear and other things appear with regularity.

Until just this morning, I had a black and white brindle pit bull named Zoe.  When I looked in the yard a few minutes ago, Zoe was missing and a standard black poodle with a name tag of "Jean Batiste" has appeared. 

He's a good looking dog;  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment